High Country Hummingbird Festival
The Arizona Game and Fish Department is hosting its 15th annual High Country Hummingbird Festival on Saturday, July 28 at Sipe Wildlife Area near Springerville/Eagar.
The free, family-friendly festival will include:
• hummingbird banding by SE Arizona Bird Observatory (SABO)
• plant displays for attracting hummingbirds
• live wildlife from the department’s Wildlife Center
• wildlife walk with a naturalist
• activities, crafts and talks designed for children
• informational talks about hummingbirds, and
• a workshop on photographing hummingbirds
The Sipe Wildlife Area is located southeast of Eagar and Springerville. From Eagar, take Highway 191 toward Alpine for about two miles to the signed turnoff at the top of the first hill. Drive south five miles to the Sipe property on a gravel road suitable for passenger cars.
Pets must be kept on leash and are not allowed near live wildlife. Pet owners be advised that there is no shaded parking at the event.
For more information, visit www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/hummingbird.shtml, or call the Game and Fish office in Pinetop at (928) 532-3680.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN OUTDOOR EVENT AND IT COULD RAIN AND PARKING IS VERY LIMITED IF THERE HAS BEEN RECENT RAINS BEFORE THE EVENT!